Fri 17th Sep, 2010
Made to measure bespoke garments,
gowns and wedding dresses
Lisa Redman offers a bespoke service, creating glamorous, elegant outfits not just for the bride but also for bridesmaids and the mother of the bride. Her truly exceptional dresses are made from the finest materials: silks, satins, layers of tulle and have the most delicate hand embellishments and exquisite fine finishing. Photography by Jim Holden.
Lisa Redman’s small, highly experienced, Notting Hill-based team will guide you through the made to measure process, from initial consultation through to the final design. You can base your design on samples from the collection or create something truly unique to you using your own ideas. Photography by Jim Holden.
Lisa has a ready to wear collection of wedding dresses available at Luella's Boudoir, the unique bridal boutique in Wimbledon. The range is modern, romantic and very feminine with full-length gowns, prom-style dresses and shorter cocktail lengths. The flattering range has gorgeous attention to detail with pearl and sequin embellishments and soft, feminine tailoring. Pictured here is the Lilly dress, a cocktail length, silk grosgrain prom-style dress paired with a tulle petticoat. And also the Anjelica dress, a full length dress with a deep V neckline and subtle sparkles. Photography by Nick Tucker.
I just had to share these stunning images of Lisa’s gowns from a recent shoot at Farleys Farm, once home to infamous photographer, model and muse Lee Miller. I just love the bright colours, the large bows and the heavily embellished sashes of these dresses and the surreal feel to the shot is so in keeping with Lee Miller and her style. Photography by Martin Bloom.
What pearls of wisdom would you offer brides regarding their dress on their wedding day?
- Firstly go with your heart. As it is probably the most important dress you will ever wear, you will undoubtedly go round the houses when shopping for your dress and fret over it but you need to trust your instincts. Also on your big day, make sure you are comfortable in your dress. You need to be able to enjoy it and don't be so precious about it, dance till you drop!
What are you working on at the moment?
- We are working towards The Designer Wedding Show which will be held in Battersea on the 8th, 9th and 10th of October this year. We will be showcasing new designs for the bride, Mum of the bride and the wedding party.
What are the latest trends or fashions in the bridal market?
- Old romantic stylings and elements hold strong for 2011 with soft fabrics in silk tulle and French chiffon. Blush pinks, hints of coral and barely there pearl are key colours for the next season. The essence of this trend is exceptional beauty and the shapes are fluid and sensual.
- Silhouettes from the 1950s and 60s also make an appearance for 2011 and it is all about ‘hourglass dressing.’ Think Grace Kelly and celebrating the female form. Shapes will be reminiscent of the 1950s couturiers Christian Dior, Balenciaga and Yves St Laurent.
What do you most enjoy about your work?
- I thoroughly enjoy the process of making a bespoke dress. From the initial meeting, when you talk through ideas and what they want and then I draw up unique designs right through into the real thing. I just love it. Especially when you get to see them in the finished dress in situ on their wedding day or in pictures after the wedding.
Address: Lisa Redman Ltd
2-4 Exmoor Street
UNIT 18 and 29
London W10 6BD
Address: 33 Church Road Wimbledon Village, London, SW19 5DQ England
Designer Wedding Show
8, 9, 10th October 2010
BOOKMARK & SHARE:
connect to our blog feed
You might also like: