Mon 15th Nov, 2010
All Gillian’s jewellery is created in London, by hand, by her twelve-strong team. Her gorgeous pieces incorporate recycled antique pearls, freshwater pearls, vintage jewels and semi-precious stones and (a really cute touch!) a little blue Swarovski crystal is hidden into each of her pieces, meaning brides have their “something blue” covered.
Gillian’s unique wedding jewellery and headdresses have, up until now, only been available to buy online or by appointment. However she has a new Teddington shop which opened on the 1st November which is an Aladdin’s cave of "everything that's not a hat", jewelled headbands, hair pins, earrings, cuffs and necklaces all made in her signature elegant vintage style. Also the most beautiful silk veils that must be seen!
The Ebury Collection Wedding Blog. Photography copyright 2010 Gillian Million
Gillian’s shop showcases her contemporary and traditional wedding accessories alongside exquisite new bespoke luxury and gift lines such as personalised silver and gold jewellery for both brides, grooms and bridesmaids, bespoke perfume and personalised stationery from Emily and Jo.
For any of our readers who are budding new designers, Gillian is looking for new designers to showcase their work within her store. She is inviting designers to submit ideas for an area in the boutique entitled ‘Everything that's not a Hat’. More information can be found on her website www.gillianmillion.com.
If all this wasn’t enough, Gillian will also be launching bespoke wedding planning and tailor-made honeymoons services with experts working under the Gillian Million brand.
And finally, if you looking for ways to have a more sustainable wedding, Gillian also offers a post wedding day service, where she can transform your headdress or jewellery into something more suited to day-to-day dressing up. So your headdress could become a necklace or brooch to be worn again and again after your big day.
Do you have any pearls of wisdom for brides and grooms who are planning their wedding? or any advice for the big day itself?
- Don't take too much time to plan a wedding; the best ideas are your initial thoughts and ideas which can become distorted with so much choice available. When it comes to the bride's headdress, please don't compromise on how your hair will look on the day. 70% of all photographs that are taken will have the bride's head in the photo. Your jewellery will be seen on your mantelpiece for years to come so don't compromise but take advice and keep your jewellery timeless.
What trends/fashions do you see as important for this season and the year to come?
- Vintage elegance is definitely in vogue but the boho chic is all the rage as well. Brides are looking for the relaxed flower and cascading veiling ideal for the beach wedding or country garden style wedding. Hair up at the side of the head in a 50's style is a favourite with a vintage comb tucked in at the side.
Any style advice for autumn/winter brides?
- Don't get cold and think about a silk veil to wrap around the shoulders to keep warm and look fabulous or a faux or real fur stole which is so gorgeous for a winter wedding.
Do you have any favourite items in your range?
- I will always love the Labrinth range which I created 10 years ago for both short and long hair. Time and time again I get thank you letters from my lovely brides so loving the labrinth headdress they wore at their wedding which we create in 40 different styles. A real hit whilst creating understated and timeless elegance.
What are you working on now?
- We are working on the new range of vintage necklaces, creating necklaces out of our bride's own sentimental brooches, earrings often handed down to them by relatives. We recycle them into headdresses or other jewellery creating something sentimental for our brides to wear on their wedding day. We are also working with our inhouse perfumier on our bespoke perfume service where brides can have their own fragrance in their own personalised bottle which can then be made into a range of scented candles, body lotions and room scents. So exciting!!
Visit Gillian's shop at 34 Teddington High Street, Teddington, Richmond upon Thames.
For an exclusive offer for Ebury Collection blog readers, visit Ebury Treats.
BOOKMARK & SHARE:
connect to our blog feed
You might also like: